Skip to content
Solutions Architect – Azure
Toronto, ON | Full-time
Gibraltar Solutions Inc. a leading Digital Transformation Solutions Provider is looking for a Solutions Architect – Azure (SA) with extensive Azure experience to help us further define, evolve and drive momentum towards our growing Cloud practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In a presales capacity, listen and understand our customer’s explicit and implicit needs. Then through the compilation of various presales artifacts (ie. SoW, RFP) measure out the right approach and Azure solution and then in turn present the proposed back to the customer.
- Working with our VP, Sales & Marketing and Microsoft Partner Program Manager define and evolve our Azure customer engagement processes and artifacts.
- Lead the project delivery of Azure solutions.
- Grow and evangelize Azure within Gibraltar by conducting internal product presentations, demonstrations and/or PoCs.
- Collaborate with the other Solutions Architects and members of our Managed Services team to standardize, automate and grow our solutions and offerings.
- Meet our ongoing certification requirements.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Extensive architectural and functional experience with Microsoft Azure including Azure server and application migrations, IaaS, PaaS (ie SQL Managed Instances, Web Apps), Azure Governance and developing proactive and reactive monitoring/alerting and cost management processes.
- Architectural and functional experience with Windows Server including Active Directory and other Windows Server roles (ie. CS, DHCP, DNS) and platforms (ie. Exchange and SQL Server).
- Demonstratable expertise in designing and implementing Azure Virtual Desktop
- Knowledge and experience with Azure Cloud Automation and Infrastructure as a Code using Azure CLI, ARM Templates, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think quickly on their feet.
- Growth mindset and coachable.
- Collaborative attitude.
- 3+ years of experience architecting and implementing Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Previous experience architecting and implementing Azure Virtual Desktop
- Previous experience architecting, implementing, documenting and testing DR solutions in Azure
- Previous Azure experience building proactive monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Previous consulting experience or equivalent. Including estimating effort for complex and
- Previous experience as an Architect or a Consultant
Certifications or proven equivalent experience:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Experience with other Public Cloud Platforms, GCP and AWS in particular is an asset.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.