Junior Systems Administrator
Toronto, ON | Full-time
Gibraltar Solutions Inc. a leading Digital Transformation Solutions Provider is looking for a Consultant with broad Network and Security experience, to work within our greater project team to assess, design and implement solutions for a wide range of our mid-market customers. Additionally, this individual will listen to the needs of our customers and contribute their technical expertise throughout various pre-sales engagements.
What will you do?
You will work independently or as part of a larger team to implement and/or provide problem determination and remediation services related to system infrastructure technologies.
- Prepare, conduct and schedule monthly required system patching.
- Virtual Desktop (VDI) On-Boarding and Off-Boarding – Provisioning and Deprovisioning of Virtual Desktops upon request. Includes creating Virtual Desktops from Machine Catalogs and assigning to appropriate Delivery Groups.
- Monitor, manage and respond to monitoring alerts.
- Basic knowledge in VDI infrastructure technologies such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop. This includes Citrix Delivery Services, PVS and Machine Creation Services, ICA and HDX protocols, Session Reliability, StoreFront, License Server etc.
- Basic knowledge in Hyperconverged and Virtualization Technologies such as Nutanix AOS and AHV. This includes Redundancy Factor settings, Cluster technology, Host and Storage management, Virtual Machine settings, policies and management, Domain Protection config, capacity management, etc.
- Respond to system incidents, problems, and escalations, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues.
- Works with Senior Systems Specialist and Managed Services Operations Manager to improve operations, escalate issues, and streamline processes.
- Prepare and maintain knowledge base documentation.
- Execute change management and incident management processes.
- Deliver strong customer facing communications with Client Service Leads as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, providing expert level advice, and notifying them of upcoming changes or initiatives.
- Deliver services within agreed‐upon SLAs.
- Some travel to Data Centers will be required to perform on-site hardware installations.
- Other duties as required.
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Citrix technologies including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop.
- Experience maintaining and reviewing configs/settings/policies on chosen system technologies, as well as troubleshooting and remediation.
- Strong written and verbal skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Detailed-oriented, motivated and can work in a highly collaborative and innovative environment.