Senior Project Manager
Toronto, ON | Full-time
What will you do?
At Gibraltar Solutions Inc, as a Senior Project Manager in the PMO team, you will manage a portfolio of projects from end-to-end and lead teams of stakeholders and technical consultants to ensure projects of all sizes are completed in line with budget and timeline for Gibraltar’s mid-market and enterprise customers. You’ll use your expertise in project management methodology to make recommendations for continuous improvements on all in-flight projects. Your overall responsibility is for the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects. As our newest Senior Project Manager, you play a crucial role in achieving Gibraltar’s vision, responsible for delivering success and owning the end results of every project.
- Plan and implement small, medium and large-scale IT infrastructure projects and lead all aspects of the project planning and execution phases.
- Take a lead on creating detailed project plans along with project team members.
- Track project plan to baseline against time and budget constraints, manage project scope & budget and handle change requests using appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for consistent project communication with clients, stakeholders and GSI management.
- Develop communication plans for the projects & clients/stakeholders via structured reporting methodologies.
- Strong data analysis and project reporting skills
- Log, monitor and handle project issues, analyze & recommend viable alternatives.
- Lead team members towards the successful conclusion of the project.
- Ensure a high level of customer centricity for repeat business.
- Ensure proper project documentation is completed & stored where accessible. Documentation includes Statement of Work, plan, schedule, scope changes log, issues log, risk assessment, minutes of status meeting and PIR
- Provide accurate and up to date reporting on the P&L of all projects
- Champion accurate RAID log management
- Be the whistleblower and must manage and escalate issues & risks as required.
- Be an integral part of the PMO and help build best practices for GSI.
What you need to be:
- You embrace and champion change. You continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You’re driven by shared vision and collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to achieve shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You have a degree/diploma in IT management, Project Management and/or a related field of study. It’s an asset to a possess a PMP Designation for over 5 years.
- You can demonstrate a minimum experience of 8-12 years in leading and delivering small to large scale IT Infra projects, adept in both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- You must be proficient in building presentations, working in the MS Office suite in particular with MS Project, Visio and Excel.
- You have a strong understanding of PMI project management methodologies and have experience delivering IT infrastructure projects.
- You are organized and strive to deliver excellence on every project.
- You love to learn. You’re passionate about growing your knowledge. You have a strong sense of curiosity.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you value trust, teamwork, and accountability.