Senior Systems Specialist – VDI
Toronto, ON | Full-time
What will you do?
You will work independently or as part of a larger team to implement and/or provide problem determination and remediation services related to system infrastructure technologies.
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge in VDI infrastructure technologies such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop. This includes Citrix Delivery Services, MCS, policy management, ICA and HDX protocols, Secure Ticket Authority, Session Reliability, StoreFront, License Server, Cloud Connectors, etc
- Regular travel to customer data centers as required to perform, replacements and deployment of new hardware
- Advanced knowledge in Hyperconverged and Virtualization Technologies such as Nutanix AOS and AHV or VMWare ESXi. This includes Redundancy Factor settings, Cluster technology, Host and Storage management, Virtual Machine settings, policies and management, Domain Protection config, capacity management, etc
- Knowledge in FlexPod platforms (Cisco UCS & NetApp) such as monitoring, blade management, service profiles, volume & SVM management, etc
- Expert knowledge in Citrix Hypervisor technologies such as installation, maintenance, pool management, etc
- Strong knowledge in Windows Server technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft SQL technologies such as maintenance plans, failover activities, AlwaysOn Availability Groups, backup & restoration, database management, etc
- Knowledge of SSL certificate lifecycle management (CSRs, private keys, certificate chains, etc).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide in depth and thorough technical services related to assessment, design, implementation, migration, upgrades, and technical documentation.
- Setup, maintain and continuously improve Hyperconverged environments, Windows, Citrix, and Virtualization Desktop Infrastructure including master image maintenance, monitoring and management solutions.
- Remediate technology environments by researching, identifying, and resolving technical problems.
- Respond to system incidents, problems, and escalations, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues.
- Prepare and maintain professional level knowledge base documentation.
- Works with Lead Systems Specialist and Managed Services Operations Manager to improve operations, escalate issues, and streamline processes.
- Collaborate closely with the Service Delivery Manager on delivering customer-facing communications and initiatives.
- Perform advanced analysis of remote monitoring reports to identify capacity and performance issues and remediate them.
- Conduct system assessments and audits to enhance operations through automation.
- Execute change management and incident management processes.
- Strong communication with customers as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, providing expert advice, and notifying them of upcoming changes.
- Deliver services within agreed‐upon SLAs.
- Other duties as required.